Skip to content
What we’ve LOVED
- We couldn’t get enough of Chateau Saint Baillon Rosé - our biggest selling product this year - closely followed by Pasquiers Rosé, a bargain at £7.90. We’ll have both again next year. Bring on those summer days!
- A new product for us this year, and one we’re happy to be sticking with, was our biggest selling Bordeaux wine, ‘Chateau Mazetier’. Polly had it as one of her wedding wines in fact! Complex yet easy going, a spot-on £12 wine.
- And a perennial favourite, the Talmard Macon-Montbellet at £14 continues to please fans both old and new. Our biggest selling white wine, it just never fails to deliver. This one is here to stay.
What we’ve LEARNED
- We’ve learned that, no matter how many Gins we have, there’s always one we don’t Usually the one you want, of course! But we will continue to try.
- Likewise with wine; we have wines from Uruguay, Macedonia, Cyprus, Lebanon, Sardinia, even Patagonia. We love our eclectic collection, but most of the time, folks (including us) are quite happy with a good white Burgundy! And no matter how eclectic, someone will ask for the one thing we don’t have. Chinese wine? No. Well, not yet anyway.
- We’ve re-discovered a love for The Loire a bit this year. Two of our top-sellers (the Bowler Hat wines) came from a region outside Nantes and provided delicious, juicy, refreshing wines, at a real snip. Recently too we’ve had some new finds that offer exceptional value. Ask about Domaine de Clayou Sauvignon.
What we’re LOOKING FORWARD TO FOR 2020
- More direct-import wines working with a new supplier, meaning AMAZING VALUE and EXCLUSIVE independent wines. We’ll visit more vineyards too.
- Scouring the 2018 Burgundy wines for our first En Primeur offering this spring.
- More Special Guests at our Events – you loved picking someone else’s brains for a change, and so did we. Watch out for ‘New Wave Spain’ and ‘Far Flung France’ for guest speakers.
- The End of Brexit! Finally being able to move ahead, whatever it means, without that cloud hanging over…
- More discoveries and continuing our vinous journey! Cheers to a new decade!